Monday, January 5, 2015

DIY Decorated Porcelain To-Go Mugs

This Christmas, I decided to make as many gifts for friends and family as I possibly could. I wanted to give out personal and special gifts, and since I was extremely pregnant, I spent lots of time crafting!

These to-go mugs were super easy and fun to make. I first designed the images either on my computer or on a scratch paper. Then I traced them onto the mugs using graphite paper. (There were a few mugs I did without prepping, but for most I needed to). 



This mug was for my neighbor Sara. We are both mountain ladies now, and I want to make myself one just like this! The three trees represent her, her husband and her brand new baby (aka Emmett's BFF). 


This photo shows the graphite stage. I traced this design for Laney and then went over it with the porcelain pen I had.



After drawing the designs on the mug with the porcelain pen, I let the mugs dry for 24 hours and then baked them at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.


This mug was for Alex - it's Catbug!



This mug was for Nadine! The phrase is part of her and Jim's family Bible verse.



This mug was for my doula, Betsy. It's her logo for her Etsy shop, Lunita Llena.




This mug was for my friend Lyndsey, who took our maternity photos for us! I really liked this design. Another one I want to make for myself.



The elephant mug was for my friend Lindsy, who is going to med school this summer! She's in for a huge adventure. 


Gotta say, the wrapping this year was pretty baller. Homemade chalkboard tags, twine, pine garland, adorable tissue paper.. these gifts have got it going on!


This pattern was done by hand with no prep on the cup, it's supposed to be a messy herringbone and I like how it turned out!


You've got to sign your work! (As my mom always says).



This one was for Louisa, who made the move from California to Missouri last year and is still living there. Miss you, Louisa! 


One last patterned cup. I like the hand drawn look of the lines, it's casual and homemade looking. 

These mugs were SO easy to make and only cost about $5 each. It was a great way to give out some special gifts this Christmas in a cost effective way. And if I do say so myself, they did turn out pretty adorable!

|| Posted by Kate ||

No comments:

Post a Comment