Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

This year, Thanksgiving was extra special. Alex and I are back at my parents' home, my sister flew in from Northern California, my grandpa was over and Jim and Nadine shared the day with us. I'm also just about 39 weeks pregnant! After our pie baking on Wednesday night, I was absolutely exhausted! It's hard being on your (swollen) feet all day when you're the size of a small whale. 

Here's some of the preparation the day before Thanksgiving.





These are some antique dishes that my grandpa gave to my parents, after having them for years.



The dessert table! 




Mom made two turkeys this year, one she brined with a Pioneer Woman recipe and then cooked according to Alton Brown's method (love the Food Network inspiration!) and the other she deep fried in this fancy frier! I thought the oven cooked one was a teensy bit better because of all the additional flavoring, but both were extremely juicy and everyone agreed they were the best turkeys we had ever had. 




Jim and Nadine were in charge of my favorite side, the green bean casserole! You can't have Thanksgiving without it!





Here's the gorgeous table starting to come together. 


Turkey number 1. 


Turkey number 2.










Millie likes to raise her hand, silly cat.


I have SO much to be thankful for. This day with family, this healthy growing boy inside of me. This life that I love, despite the pain and confusion of the summer. I've been given such a gift, returning home and having such a beautiful life and adventures with Alex. I was so devastated just months ago, and while I'm not glad that we went through such heartache, I'm at such peace knowing that God will make beauty and good come from the worst of situations. 

|| Posted by Kate ||


No comments:

Post a Comment