Saturday, November 15, 2014

Christmas Decorating at the Lumberjackson Lodge - Big Bear Edition

A year ago, I posted photos of the first Lumberjackson Christmas! It was our first year of marriage, our first Christmas, our first home. So much has changed since then! Our first home is currently on the market, we've moved back to California and are living in Big Bear. We have a baby on the way, who is supposed to arrive on December 8th, our sweet dogs are in Missouri until sometime early next year, and we are spending the entire Christmas season in Long Beach waiting for our little Lumberjackson to arrive! With all of that, it doesn't seem practical to do a bunch of Christmas decorating... 

And yet, I thought it would be special to put up at least SOME decorations! It's a little early, but as Alex wrote about recently, our season of Advent has been extended this year. I also thought this would be a good opportunity to photograph a clean house and give a little tour of the lodge! So without further ado...


The kitchen! I love the size of this space and the nearly unused 70's appliances and the fact that our dining table fits in the middle of the room. I love eat-in kitchens. They feel so homey to me.


My parents re-painted the cabinets before we moved in here, they used to be a pretty awful wood (I normally love everything wood, but these just did not age well) and now they are bright and beautiful, and I especially love the pop of red on those lower cabinets on the right.



I've put up this little village ever since I lived in a dorm. It's evolved over the years with trees and better lights and glittery cotton for snow. It just has to go up every year!







Lumberjack Santa Cookie Jar. This is quintessential for our family.




Here's our family room! The sliding door leads out to a backyard porch. We got to use the fireplace a couple of weeks ago when our friends Josh and Lyndsey were visiting. Josh is a pro at chopping wood and getting a fire going, so it was a necessity to light it up!



I'm a big fan of collages, especially ones with empty frames. I've been doing some variation on this collage since I lived in Glendale, 6 addresses ago.


We are bringing our larger tree to Long Beach to have it in our bedroom for the next month and a half or so, but I put up this little dorm-Christmas tree in Big Bear. I hung old wooden ornaments that my mom used to use as well as the guest book from our wedding - small wooden ornaments shaped like books with messages from our friends and family. 


This is the shrimping boat Nova. It is being destroyed by a Jumbo Shrimp. Alex's dear friend made this for him years ago based on an idea Alex has for a young adult book series, and it is so special to both of us! It's in a nook in the fireplace mantle, and is a little tough to see in this photo, but I'm so glad to have it back on display.







These few pictures are views from the upstairs loft window. Looking straight out, you can see our neighbor's backyard, and across the street is the lake!


Looking down, you can see the top of a young apple tree growing in our yard.


And to the left side of the window is a beautiful maple tree that's just about lost all its leaves this year. These last vibrant ones are hanging on!


At the top of the stairs is our loft area. This is sort-of a man cave set up, with Alex's vintage style mini-fridge and his big TV and recliner and video games. I like to do crafts up here on the rug (I know, I know, it's bad for my back). This space is in between the two upstairs bedrooms, one of which is mine and Alex's and the other is the nursery! I'll have a post soon on how the decorating is coming. I'm pretty excited about it.






And there you have it! A tour of the Lumberjackson Lodge! This is the space that we occupy, which is about half of the house. The rest of it has a large living room and the master suite, which my parents use when they visit. They are planning on renovating a lot of that side in the next year or so. The side that we are using is more than enough room for us, and I am so grateful to be able to live amongst my furniture and decorations. It has made the move and transition so much easier for me emotionally as I am in such a nesting phase with baby Emmett on the way! This will be his first home and I am so glad that it is cozy and comfortable and woodsy and us

|| Posted by Kate ||

No comments:

Post a Comment