Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Cat Lady

I've been practicing photography lately, since I want to be taking some (a bazillion) really good photos of Emmett once he's here. Who better than to be my models than Baby Kitty (full name: Trace) and Cooper?! (Can you tell that I get lonely at the house when Alex is at work? I'm sure that won't last long when I have my hands full with a baby!).

For these and other close ups, I've been practicing with my Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens. This lens lets in a ton of light when the aperture is set to 1.8 and will cause a lot of background blur on a photo. This is definitely the look I'm going for with close-ups, especially of the baby. For wider shots, like the ones in the Christmas decorating post, I used my Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II SLR Lens, which does not create the same depth of field as the other lens (so, less blurry backgrounds). I have one other lens that is a super-zoom one, but I rarely use that because I generally am trying to take more close-ups, and I haven't been on a stake-out stalking anyone lately (or, you know, ever). I'm sure I will find a use for that lens someday though!

Just for fun, here are the kitty photos that I thought turned out pretty good. I haven't done any editing of these in iPhoto.. no brightening or adding contrast or changing the saturation or cropping. Nothing! I'm definitely getting excited for my new model, I can't wait to capture every little expression and smile and fat roll of that little man!


















|| Posted by Kate ||

No comments:

Post a Comment