Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Well, hello there.

If you don't know me, though I'm fairly certain you do, I'm Kate. Alex is here too, but here in the sitting-near-me-in-the-living-room sort of way, not in the also-typing-with-me sort of way. We have both blogged in the past.. his was called Alex Has Office Hours (yes he did.) and mine was Just Wanna Lose Myself in Grace (name taken from one of the best songs by one of the best bands. If you play guess the song in the comments, you can earn points.) We both liked our blogs. I liked taking pictures of things I baked and posting the recipes, Alex liked writing little short stories about bunnies (or was it dust?) or commentaries on cheesy ABC Family Christmas movies and the Occupy Wall Street movement. But due to life and change, both of these blogs began a slow, quiet journey to internet oblivion. They live somewhere on Blogger, dusty with neglect and fading like an old polaroid of a distant life. Sometimes it seems like it wasn't even us that wrote those blogs.. we were such different people and in such different stages of life than where we are now. And in some ways, it feels undeniably "us." Because marriage and a cross country move can seem like a lot of change, but we're still the same old people. Or young people. I should say that while it's still true.

Plus, it's only been a year since we were the Alex and Kate from AHOH and JWLMG. (Just thought of those acronyms. It's a shame I didn't think of those when I was writing my old blog...jewlemguh has a ring to it.) How much can really change in a year?

For those who know me (and Alex), our new blog, theLumberjacksons, will show you. And if you don't know us, you will soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment